Monday, October 1, 2012

Jam of the Week: "Beauty and a Beat" by Justin Bieber


This week's jam is none other than "Beauty and a Beat" by youthful Canadian import Justin Bieber. I know what you may be thinking. Tommy, have you done lost your mind? You hate Justin Bieber! And you'd be right in thinking so. Once upon a time, I was so anti-Biebs that my distaste for him and his music may have rivaled my hatred for Rihanna.

Then everything changed, seemingly in the blink of an eye.

The Biebs transformed himself into a mini Justin Timberlake, which is always a plus in my book. Even though he rejects those comparisons, there's no denying the similarity between the two. Justin's baby-voiced music is long gone, and now he hollers with some great R&B-influenced club bangers, which is a classic genre. Additionally, Justin's main squeeze is Selena Gomez. If he's good enough for her, you're damn right he's good enough for everyone else.

"Beauty and a Beat" is Justin at his finest. Not only does its title spoof my fave fairy tale (the Biebs is just so punny!), but it features Nicki Minaj, resident bitch of the rap scene, who tastefully rhymes "wiener" with "Selener." There's nothing about this jam that isn't infectious and fun. I urge you to take a listen. There are so many goodies just waiting to be enjoyed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment