Friday, February 1, 2013

Tommy Picks 5 Duets That Need to Happen

#1 for sure.
Have you ever loved two artists so much that you think they'd make beautiful music together but then they never do?! This is my daily plight. In an effort to spread the word and also live out my musical fantasies, I've selected my top five dream duets.

5. Adele and Eminem
I swear to god, this would be so good. It could be like "Love the Way You Lie" except 100 times better because Rihanna wouldn't be involved. Can't you just hear Eminem rapping really angry lyrics and then Adele comes in and is all "Let the sky faaaall." It almost makes too much sense.

4. Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
I'm sure I'm not alone in this particular fantasy. True, I dreamt this up when the Biebs and Selena were still together, but two former flames can still sing a song together! Rihanna and Chris Brown did it. Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas did it. So why can't these two?

3. Carrie Underwood and Nicki Minaj
I'm totally serious about this one. I think Carrie is a little too classy to have Nicki sing on her song, so it would have to be Carrie lending her vocals to a Nicki track. Better yet, Nicki should just take "Before He Cheats" and remix the shit out of it.

2. Ke$ha and Macklemore
I'm not exactly Macklemore's #1 fan, but I recognize his potential, especially in becoming the male Ke$ha. And what better way to solidify the title than by dueting with Ke$ha, glitter and all? This is a fucking genius idea and I'd like royalties when it happens.

1. Britney Spears and Adam Levine
Okay. I totally had this idea long before Christina Haguilera poisoned Maroon 5's "Moves Like Jagger". Even after that overplayed train wreck, I don't think there's any reason why Adam Levine couldn't holler on over to Britney's eighth album and lend his beautiful, albeit high-pitched vocals to one of her many future smashes. I can hear it now. Omg. Life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment