Monday, August 5, 2013

Jam of the Week: "Summertime Sadness"


As Lana Del Rey continues on her trajectory to well-deserved fame and success, I find myself at a crossroads: I can be happy that this artist that I've enjoyed for so long is finally finding her place in the mainstream public's consciousness, or I can be bitter that one of my little-known gems is now beloved by millions thousands, who will claim they've been fans all along. While I make up my mind (I'm leaning toward the latter), I think it's time to give LDR another Jam of the Week.

"Summertime Sadness" has been blowing up airwaves all summer, and it's what has been propelling Lana into stardom. The problem? The version you're hearing on the radio is a remix, and while it's fun in its own right, it completely obliterates the dramatic theatrical elements that make Lana so great. So this Jam of the Week is all about spreading awareness for the original, flawless version of the song. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment