Sunday, December 9, 2012

25 Days of Christmas #9: "All I Need Is Love" by Cee Lo Green and the Muppets


When I heard that Cee Lo Green was releasing a Christmas album, I prayed that it would contain a holiday remix of "Fuck You". Unfortunately, this wasn't to be. HOWEVER, something even better came in its place: a duet between Mr. Green and the Muppets. Yup, like Alvin & the Chipmunks, Hannah Montana, and many other fictional characters before them, the Muppets have a recording career. For whatever reason, they've been in cahoots with Cee Lo ever since they paired up for a performance of "Fuck Forget You" at the 2011 Grammys. (Why Disney allowed this, I'll never know.) Putting aside Cee Lo's past explicit works and the allegations that he's a woman-beater, let's just drink eggnog and enjoy the cheery wonder that is "All I Need Is Love".

0 comments:

Post a Comment