Saturday, September 7, 2013

Things Tommy Loves and Hates #8

Choice reading.

Thing I Love #8: Limited Edition Magazines

There's nothing more satisfying than when your favorite supermarket tabloid offers a limited edition issue, usually devoted to a film, TV show, or celebrity, to titillate your inner fan boy/girl. They're usually full of fluffy interviews and fun pictures; rarely do they offer new insight, but it's still super fun.

This summer alone I picked up Us Weekly's special issues devoted to Pretty Little Liars and One Direction, but my love for these rare treats came in 2007 when People released its High School Musical 2 special.

Thing I Hate #8: Greek Life

Sorry, but I'm not at all sorry! I fucking hate Greek life and everything it stands for. When I first came to college, I had no problem with it whatsoever, but I knew it wasn't for me. But as I grew to realize how monstrous it is, I've become completely intolerant of it.

That said, I only take issue with the institution, not the people in it. That said, some of the worst people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting are in Greek life. THAT said, some of my dearest friends are in Greek life. It's a mixed bag for sure. But as a whole, the bag fucking sucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment