Monday, March 25, 2013

Can We Talk About This Ford Ad?

I bet Kris is behind this.
Now I'm not a big car person. If it works, great! I'll take it. But Ford's most recent ad campaign has me excited in a way I never thought automobiles would.

JWT India has produced several images for the Ford Figo's "leave your worries behind" slogan, and one such picture (above) pokes fun at a historically infamous celebrity feud. It show Paris Hilton in the drivers seat of the car with Kim, Kourtney, and Khloé Kardashian bound and gagged in the trunk. Hilarious! Aside from the rather rude caricature of Khloé, I think the ad is fucking phenomenal. So topical, so smart. I'm in love.

Of course, a bunch of people got super pissed about it and since Ford has no backbone, the company issued an apology and removed the ads from digital distribution. Too bad, I would have totally purchased the car solely based of this campaign, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment