Monday, September 24, 2012

Jam of the Week: "Jam (Turn It Up)" by Kim Kardashian


I'm a firm believer in kick-starting my week with a jam, one that will serve as an anthem as I go through hell before reaching the nirvana that is Friday. So every Monday, I will be posting the jam of the week. Everybody who's anybody will be listening to it.

What better song to serve as the first Jam of the Week than Kim Kardashian's "Jam (Turn It Up)", for the title alone if nothing else. Kim Kardashian joins the long line of reality-stars-turned-singers, a prestigious and elite group that celebrates the likes of Paris Hilton, Heidi Montag, and more!

The beauty of this song lies in its incongruity. It truly sounds like three songs rolled into one jam that flirts on the verge of being a tad too long. But leave it to a vocal pro like Kim K to unify those three songs with her bored, processed, and monotonous voice and turn it into a single, cohesive dance floor smash.

With lyrics such as "Turn me up, turn me up/Turn me, turn me, turn me up/Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah/Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," "On the fly, on the floor I can't stand still/And I'm going to work like I'm paying my bills, bills," and "Girls in the building, fellas in the club/The boys spending money, the girls looking good," how can you not just be all about this song?

I sincerely hope this song is stuck in your head all week, because that will give you the energy and positive attitude you'll need to make it to the weekend. And the next time you think, Boy, Kim Kardashian really doesn't do much, think back to this jam and how it revolutionized the music industry and your own life, if only for a week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment